Tuesday, February 11, 2014

275. Carnival Beauties: MAGDA I, Queen of the 1928 Pasay Carnival

QUEEN MAGDALENA I. 1928 Pasay Carnival

Pasay was one of the 4 original cities of Manila. Due to its proximity and strategic location to Manila, it enjoyed brisk economic and commercial growth during the American Occupation. Spurred by the petit fairs held everywhere in the big city of Manila, Pasay launched its own Pasay Carnival on December 1928, with Queen Magda I, reigning as royalty at the fair.

4 comments:

rfm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Where was this exactly located Before? Ano na po siya ngayon?

Eric Agsulid-LeVoir said...

Amazing Artefacts on the Beauty of Pearl of the Orient Seas. My Grandmother was one of them and I would like to honour her in a book I am publishing this year. I can be reached at eagsulid@hotmail.com for more details on how I can collaborate with your blog. eric castillejos guisando abad leVoir

G RANJO said...

g'am
I have several Manila Carnival medals that I want to sell. Please give me an estimate - or refer me to any one who can - as to how much these medals can be sold - price per piece. Thank you very much.